Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Prayer

Lord, may we choose you every moment of
every day. We want to be fully committed to
You. We want every day to become a day we
say "yes" to You. We repent for
lukewarm-ness, from mediocrity, from normalcy.
We want to sine so brightly for YOu that
others can't help but see and fell Your love.
Let us look at every encounter as an
opportunity to show Your love.
Lord, on the days were helping just one
more person seems like too much, help me to choose You.
On the days when Satan whispers "you
can't save everyone, why are you trying?" let me choose You.
On the days when ti would be too easy
to pop in a movie for my children instead of
reading scripture with them, let me choose You.
When harsh words are easier to find than
kind ones, let me choose You.
Father, like Paul, I know what I want to do,
what I should do, and yet I find myself
failing and discouraged. Thank You for your grace.
Thank You that You who sit so high
would look low upon people like me and use us
as a vessel for you. How blessed we are to even be called
servants, to be able to share in your kingdom
and share your love with others.
Thank you for the cross, where you
have given us peace and holiness. Father,
we long to say yes to You.


From "Kisses From Katie" by Katie Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment