Monday, June 4, 2012

Little Blessings

So I wrote this Saturday morning and am just getting the chance to post it. The last two days have been crazy and it feels like these things happened a week ago...



I’ve had some really good beach trips the last couple of days which was a switch from last week when I was “beached out.” Friday we take the kindergarten aged kids to the beach and I was able to spend some good one-on-one time with one girl in particular that I don’t get to spend much time with. She is one, of a few, we've indentified as children who draw back when they don’t get attention rather than act out and seek it out like most of our kids. Anyway, it was just really good to get to spend time “jumping” waves with her, walking the beach, and just being together. I also spent time playing on the beach with some of the little boys we don’t see often because they are in their houses most of the time.
As I laid on the beach playing with the kids I just stopped and looked around me, the view down the beach is absolutely gorgeous! And I was simply in awe of God and His creation. Not too many days go by that I don’t stare at the mountain and it’s beauty but it had been awhile since I’d really just taken in the awesomeness of the beauty around me here. It was really a refreshing afternoon, and to think I wasn’t planning on going…

Today was a fun day at the beach for sillier reasons. There were coconuts just laying on the beach, most of them were split open already but there was one that wasn’t so I split open a coconut on a rock and ate coconut right out of the shell today! I know you can buy a coconut in the states but this is different : ) There is also an almond tree on this particular beach so for the last two weeks I’ve had kids cracking almonds and giving me almonds right out of the shell as I sit on a beach, under palm trees, at the base of a mountain in Haiti with 25 kids I am privileged to love and help care for everyday. How blessed am I?



Back to today... We've got our first group of the summer here this week and it's going to be a crazy busy. Our second group comes in Friday and this group doesn't leave until Saturday, thankfully the overlap is just one night... 
Pray for patience for me. Mine is already being a little tested with this group, and it's just small things which seem inconsiderate that are bothering me. Maybe I expect too much, I don't know. Anyhow, pray that I'll be patient and understanding with the groups (especially next week when we have 15 young females...).

No comments:

Post a Comment