Saturday, February 16, 2013

Family


(2.12.13)

“…and they said to him, ‘Your mother and your brothers and sisters are outside, asking for you.’ And he replied, ‘Who are my mother and my brothers?’ And looking at those who sat around him, he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.’” Mark 3:32b-35

As I sat in a circle of people make up of Haitians and Americans, staff and group members (Jessi’s family), ages 2-34, these verses came to mind.
Though I have biological family in the States whom I love and miss the people in that circle truly feel like family, and they are!
Anyone I serve along side of is my brother, or sister, or mother. God may place me somewhere away from my “real” family but He surrounds me with “new” family.
I will embrace this mindset and thought pattern as we begin a stretch of back to back groups. God is faithful.

(This came at a good time as I’ve been asked to stay in Haiti longer and I was thinking of missing my family, missing holidays, birthdays and road trips I hadn’t planned on missing or thought would be missed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment