Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Here I am sitting down to blog and I’m really not sure what to blog about…

The longer I’m here I love these kids more and more and know I’m not going to handle leaving well.
It’s difficult because there is one girl in particular who really needs a one-on-one connection. Someone to really invest in her, spend time with her, love her, and be her confidant. I so badly want to be that person but at the same time I’m not stepping up to be that person because if I’m just walking out of here in 2.5 months what have I really accomplished? I feel I’ll just harm her further by adding to the list of people who she’s gotten close to, trusted and then watched walk out of her life.
I think I’ve said it before, but it’s a lot harder to get close to the girls here. I’m no child psychologist but I think a big part of it is not only the fact that they’ve been abandoned by their parents and family, but, especially in the last year, have had a long list of females come in here, get close to them, promise to be here for a long time and then suddenly leave. I don’t want to add to that list. I also don’t want to keep my distance when I see a need… Pray with me about how I can help the situation now without adding to the problem when I leave.
Also pray with me about what God has for me after these four months are up. Haiti is where my heart is, I have complete peace that God has me here, Haiti feels like home. 





No comments:

Post a Comment