Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crazy Days


Yesterday evening as I looked back at the day I thought, “today was a good day” and then as I thought further I thought, “today was an eventful crazy day!” Thankful we could look back and still say it was a good day. It was one of those days that made me say this morning, “could it really only be Tuesday?!?”
I guess it wouldn’t be Haiti without eventful crazy days :)

Over the past month, but especially over the past couple days, at random times (at the beach with kids, cleaning some infected sore or head fungus thing, sitting with a child, being tickled to death by 8 kids, teaching the Lord’s Prayer) I’ve had to stop in the middle of what I was doing and just take a moment to “take it in” and ask, “is this really my life right now?” “am I really here, doing this?” “God, have you really chosen to use and bless me in this way?”  That is how I feel. Blessed and humbled, like God has given me the desires of my heart… after making some decisions that weren’t easy, but I knew it was what I was supposed to do, and much patience. I can say it was worth it.

Delight yourself in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Psalm 37:4-7a


Saturday movie night in kay Sharon!




1 comment:

  1. Totally just realized it is in fact Wednesday and not Tuesday... Time is so weird in Haiti...

    ReplyDelete