Wednesday, July 11, 2012

If It's Not One Thing It's Another...


(7.7.12)
Yesterday was a hard day and today hasn’t started off any easier.
Everyone (American staff) is off camps for the day so I’ll probably stay in my room with my thoughts most of the day.
I broke out the guitar this morning after seeing the group off and this song connected…

“Will Your grace run out if I let You down
‘Cause all I know is how to run

‘Cause I am a sinner
If it’s not one thing it’s another
Caught up in words tangled in lies
But You are a Savior and You take brokenness aside
And make it beautiful beautiful

Will You call me child when I tell you lies
‘Cause all I know is how to cry”

On top of everything else I’m definitely feeling like I’ve let God down in so many ways. I’m imperfect, selfish, self-centered, lacking in love, compassion and knowledge of Him. “If it’s not one thing it is another.”
I’m broken but I’m trying to believe and have hope that out of all of this God will make something beautiful even though I don't see it right now.
It’s hard not having any contact with the outside world and not feeling like you can talk to the people here who you thought you could talk to… which also makes me feel terrible for having any sort of pity for myself.
My thoughts and emotions are everywhere and I’m not really sure what I think or feel right now.
Does anyone from back home want to come for a visit? J

“My grace if sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9a

No comments:

Post a Comment