Thursday, August 2, 2012

And So It Begins...


Matt and I headed into Port this morning to drop off Natalie and so the good-byes have begun.
It was a good day, all three of us seating the front seat of the van for a last conversation, got to do some shopping on Pan America, and was able to watch some Olympics while waiting for Matt to take care of business at the internet store!
It was also a hard day as I took everything in processing that a lot of things I did/saw today were lasts for who knows how long… And then after worship tonight we had a staff member make the announcement that they will be leaving Hands and Feet to work for another ministry. It was heartbreaking to watch the kids faces as they processed and then asked questions like, “for how long? One week?” and then say, “that’s bad. Why doesn’t someone else go?”
It’s killing me all the good-byes these kids are having to say to people who have played a daily role in their lives for an extended period of time.

It’s so hard to be ready to leave some things behind but, on the other hand, not want to leave at all. I wish God would just show me the script… what’s next? What do You have for me? Where are You taking me from here? Because right now I feel like I’m being taken from the place and people I love and I don’t know if I’ll ever be back…
So many people I’ve met over the summer are praying for me and have spoken encouraging words, have reminded me of God’s promises for me and I’m trying to cling to those things.

I’m not ready for the good-byes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment