Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And so Begins a New Chapter...

Saturday morning I was suppose to meet up with a group going to Grand Goave at Miami airport. What were the chances that out of all the hotels in Miami we’d stay at hotels right next to each other?!? They were part of the same hotel chain so as my shuttle pulls up to the hotel next door there stand two ladies wearing Hands and Feet Shirts! It was a nice blessing as we kept each other company through our various airport issues.

My arrival in Haiti was uneventful aside from the chaos that is Port au Prince airport. From there I met up with Matt in Grand Goave and was able to briefly see the site there before heading over the mountain.

I’ve, of course, loved being back with the kids here in Jacmel!

I don’t know if it’s because there’s not a group here at the moment or because they’ve had more time to adjust to all the changes, but the girls have been out and about more (friendlier) than usual. “Little” Clara especially is no being her usual “act like I’m shy” little self. Excited for the next four months and getting to know the kids better!

Continue to pray for me and the team here. Pray for me specifically as I settle in to my role and find my “groove” as part of the team already established here.

No comments:

Post a Comment