Thursday, April 12, 2012

Making Kids Cry...

I managed to make a few kids cry today… hanging out on Emilia’s porch this evening with “her” boys I picked up Beckington so of course Mackinley wanted to be picked up too. I might note that Mackinley really is too big to be picked up, especially when you’re already holding one. So I pick up Mackinley and then Giovanny wanted to be held too... Well that was not happening so he wasn’t too happy. I put down Mackinley and he starts to whine, I put down Beckington and he starts to whine. I pick up Emanuel and Beckington starts crying… What do you do? 67 kids and only 2 arms.

So as I have three to four little boys grabbing at my legs begging to be picked up I start to say, “don’t worry I’ll be here all month and the three after.” I caught myself before I said this as I realized these four months are going to go by waaay too quickly and I have NO idea how I’m going to leave in four months.
I’m going to savor every day and take advantage of every moment to love these kids.

1 comment:

  1. My heart is there with you! Praying that God does wonderful things through and for you.
    Hope you don't mind...but I made your note public on my GOOGLE+...more need to 'give a heart".
    God bless. Thinking and loving you!

    ReplyDelete