Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bullet-Points



(1.11.13)
I often have too many thoughts to be able to form a cohesive blog, not to mention that they are incomplete, not totally processed, have no answer/solution… So here is my bullet point blog (thank you Jessi for the idea :) ).
  •  Evil is incredibly real here
  •   Living here can be incredibly frustrating, challenging, discouraging, and heartbreaking, but at the same time joy-filled, encouraging, smile inducing, happy, heart-warming and incredible.
  •    I don’t know how people work/serve here without knowing the Lord and having that hope.
  •  I feel cleaner than I thought I would after a bucket bath.
  • Washing clothes by hand, particularly wringing out jeans, is HARD work. Note to self: invest in more running/athletic shorts :)  
  •   I think I can tolerate rats better than ants and cockroache
  • Electricity is over-rated :)
  • God is at work here. RH is definitely a work of the Holy Spirit moving and His servants being obedient and faithful.
  •   Pastor and Madame Benito have the greatest testimony of being patient and persistent, trusting God and believing He will answer. 12 years they faithfully prayed weekly atop Bellvue Mountain for God to do something great on that mountaintop and today He is doing just that.
  • The kids here are so easy to love (and some difficult at the same time :) )
  • The enemy is constantly attacking
  • The RH team is so real and I love it!
  • God is opening my eyes anew to the daily sights that have become “normal” to me. Re-softening and breaking my heart to those things that, though see everywhere you look, are NOT, should not be, normal.
  • While I can’t wait for it to be March 16 (the day Stephanie, Natalie and their team arrive) April is already too close and I can’t imagine having to leave again.
  •    I miss having a beach within walking distance and multiple beaches within a short drive.
  • I got to see sweet Clevens last Saturday and he looks SO good!
  •   Tomorrow marks the third anniversary of the earthquake. I have been in Haiti on January 12 the past three years. Had God not changed our plans I would have been here January 12, 2010 too.
  • You never know who it is God has for us to witness and be a testimony to. It isn’t always the Haitians or the “obvious” ones, but the Americans, the ones we live amongst. (We have one American on the team, living here, who is not a believer and have had at least 5 non-believers here on teams.)
  • My battery is about to die because we haven’t had current (power) since this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment