Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thoughts


So very many thoughts lately…

  • What will happen to the Wonder boys?
  • Will Sheila be able to get treatment?
  • Jessi is going to be missed when she goes back home Feb. 18.
  • So happy to finally see Wilta at school. She has wanted this for so long and now she is free and realizing her dream!
  • I wish I could speak Creole (no, they don’t speak Haitian in Haiti)
  • The hike up the mountain is not getting easier. Yet :)
  • I cannot get over the view (in every direction) atop Bellvue mountain.
  • Tachi makes AMAZING bean sauce. I could eat it every day along with her red sauce.
  • I want so badly to be able to communicate with Baylove and Fenickson (not to mention everyone else :) )
  • Eating anything in front of the kids at school brings on guilt knowing they feel a hunger I have never felt.
  • I miss my church and am thankful for sermon podcasts.
  • Someone needs to invent solar powered laptops and phones (or install solar panels at the RH house).
  • I stink. Literally.
  • After two days of giving fluoride treatments I am not inspired to be a dentist or dental hygienist. God bless dental hygienists.
  • In Haiti you are whatever you are needed to be: nurse, cook, dental hygienist, doctor, hostess, care giver, teacher, wedding planner/coordinator, photographer, videographer, painter, computer tech, house keeper, wash lady, English tutor/homework helper, and the list will continue to grow I’m sure.
  • I just got goosebumps.
  • I am so thankful for all of the people coming down in the next few weeks who so eagerly, and willing, are bringing me goodies.
  • I’m excited to see friends I met in Haiti over the summer when they are at myLIFEspeaks in just over two weeks!
  • Yesterday one of our workers dug food out of our trashcan. I was caught off guard and my heart sank/ached. Mark said it was probably for our landlords dog… I hope so.
  • Will Wadley and Bernard be able to get their visas? (they were denied at their interview last week.)
  • Why doesn’t God make some things more obvious?
  • What is next? What comes after April 1?
  • There are so many people I miss and have been thinking about; wishing I could catch up with them in person.
  • I sometimes feel pulled between two worlds.
  • My shoulder is killing me. Any chiropractors or massage therapists want to come to Haiti?!?
  • I love seeing the school kids hug their teachers. There is one older teacher in particular whom I see kids run up to and hug, I don’t mean a quick little hug, they grab him around his waist and hold on for a while. I LOVE it. I love that you can tell he cares! (He teaches accelerated 3 & 4 which is one of the most difficult classes because you have a wide age range of kids trying to finish two grades in one year in an attempt to catch up.)
  • I’m thankful for other missionaries in the area who are so willing to help out whether it’s with transportation, lending laptops or coming out to help start/fix our generator. 
  • Trying to understand Haitian logic is mind boggling. (Haitian logic should be an oxymoron :) )  
  • We live in a fallen, broken world full of the evilness of the enemy. 
         "We're gonna take back all the enemy has stolen
           
           For how could He who did not spare His own Son 
           Not freely give us victory against the darkness of nights

          We're going to plunder the pits of hell

          It's in the Blood of the One who's Worthy"
          -Will Reagan & United Pursuit

And these aren’t even all the thoughts running through my mind…



No comments:

Post a Comment